Video Croissant .... WHY not on DVD??
Young Nastyman (KIMOTA!)
2009-12-07 12:00:40 UTC
I only see VHS tapes of this essential item item on eBay........ i
have a PAL VHS. Does anyone have it transferred to digital (PAL
format)? I can trade, have various performances of Hawkwind and
related DVDs, T.S.O.L., Chrome, Sisters Of Mercy ..........

If my question seems old hat or cliched its because i have not checked
this news group for 8 years!
Baxter
2009-12-07 14:20:06 UTC
On Dec 7, 6:00 am, "Young Nastyman (KIMOTA!)"
Post by Young Nastyman (KIMOTA!)
I only see VHS tapes of this essential item item on eBay........ i
have a PAL VHS. Does anyone have it transferred to digital (PAL
format)? I can trade, have various performances of Hawkwind and
related DVDs, T.S.O.L., Chrome, Sisters Of Mercy ..........
If my question seems old hat or cliched its because i have not checked
this news group for 8 years
Video Croissant was released in form on a Double DVD. It has the
Brixton show and Who cares a lot?. WCAL? was released on VHS which
essentially plays Croissant and then the later career years videos.
It's weird and jarring because Croissant has some inserted videos of
the band and various goofing around and then from King for a day it's
just a black screen with the song titles before the videos. It might
be hard to find now, I'm not sure, because I got mine at Borders a
couple of years ago. I still keep my VHS's because of my increasingly
getting older nostalgia.

Bax
Young Nastyman (KIMOTA!)
2009-12-07 18:21:16 UTC
Post by Baxter
[...]
Thanks. I will have to broaden my search and *exclude* "Video
Croissant" in my search since i turn up with only VHS there, but tho i
*did* get a WCAL and Brixton DVD up on a search for "Faith No More
DVD". I guess they do not bother putting up the whole string of items
included on the double DVD? Merksnodig!

YNM.
Young Nastyman (KIMOTA!)
2009-12-07 18:30:51 UTC
Post by Baxter
[...]
Of course, checking eBay UK, i see this item is only availible in
NTSC........ it has the VC stuff on disc 2 but still not PAL and only
USA format. I WILL BE DAMNED! I wonder why FNM does not want an Euro
audience maybe??? (kidding).
YNM
Baxter
2009-12-07 18:50:13 UTC
On Dec 7, 12:30 pm, "Young Nastyman (KIMOTA!)"
Post by Baxter
[...]
I keep forgetting that the internet is worldwide, lol. And then of
course the different formats in electronics. I don't know if this will
help, but there's really nothing "new" on the video, besides the
convenience of the videos being on DVD of course. Glad I could clear
something up and I wish you luck in your quest.

Bax
Young Nastyman (KIMOTA!)
2009-12-07 19:00:47 UTC
Post by Baxter
[...]
Well the convenience of DVD is hindered by the stupidity of regional
formats. Nowadays alot of music DVD or older films/series is released
in REGION "0" format so it can be viewed worldwide across regions. The
region 1, 2, 3 etc from USA->UK->Japan->France etc. is something from
the old VHS/Betamax days when movies premiered in one region and you
could not export the film on video (regional copyright security
measures of sorts). Though nowadays it seems utterly meaningless with
regional settings as you can order or d/l a DVD from anywhere in the
world. LOL! Cheers, YNM. (PS: I can view a NTSC film on my PC 10
times..... then No More),